TEACHER NEEDED TO TUTOR MATH IN NW CALGARY
We are looking for an ATA (Alberta Teacher Association) certified teacher who loves teaching to join our tutoring service. We need you to help a female student needs help with her 30-1 math course for one 1-hour sessions a week to start (if more time is needed parents are open to longer session). She is a very athletic and outgoing young woman who struggles with math but wants to improve her mark from 70s to 80s so she can get into university. She'd do well with a teacher who is reliable, a good role model, can redirect her back to math (and turn off her phone) when she gets chatting, and who can get her to show that she understands instead of simply saying she does. Her mother said that her confidence in math is good but then she doesn't perform well on tests so there seems to be a disconnect. Teacher must have secondary qualifications in Math and experience with the course is an asset. The preferred day/time for sessions are Wednesdays at 530pm.
PLEASE NOTE: THE SESSIONS WOULD TAKE PLACE AT THE STUDENT'S HOME IN NW CALGARY NEAR JOHN LAURIE BLVD NW AND SHAGANAPPI TRAIL NW.
We offer you a variety of benefits:
* we find you clients that match your area of expertise so you can be confident and excel as a tutor
* we handle the scheduling of your sessions so you can concentrate on teaching
* we bill the clients and collect on your behalf
* you are paid a competitive hourly rate for your services
* you can connect with other teachers to share resources and teaching strategies
* you can earn money for each new client that you refer to us
All candidates must:
* have a Bachelors of Education with secondary qualifications (in Math)
* be in good standing with the ATA and certified to teach in Alberta
* have had a recent Criminal Records Check (within the last year)
* have at least 2 years of experience teaching/tutoring
If you meet these requirements and would like to join our team of teachers, please reply with your resume and put JOBID: MAT-23 in the subject line. We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We look forward to hearing from you!
Job Type: Contract
|Details||Last hour:||Last 24 hours:||All:|
|Posted||September 19, 2017|
|Expiry||October 19, 2017|