My name is Claudia and I operate Little Amigos Day Home in Calgary. Prior to moving to Canada, I was an elementary school teacher in Colombia and have now been operating a day home in Calgary for the past 3 ½ years. I love working with children and seeing them develop into their own person.
About the Day Home
My day home meets all government of Alberta requirements including First Aid, CPR, Police Clearance and Child Care Level 1 and is regulated by the Shaganappi family Day Home Agency. Healthy, fresh home-cooked meals are served every day. Daily activities include:
* Development of gross motor skills: Outdoor play in our spacious backyard and visits to the surrounding parks & playgrounds.
* Development of fine motor skills: Arts & crafts, colouring, puzzles, etc.
* Development of cognitive ability: Letters/alphabet, numbers/counting, story time, singing and dancing.
* Bilingual: Activities are done in English and Spanish
Benefits of Spanish Immersion
Most children have the capacity to learn more than one language at a very early age. Research has shown that the brains of children who grew up speaking two different languages develop better cognitive functions. Here's a list of some of the most important benefits brought by bilingualism.
* Improved cognitive skills
* Being able to learn new words easily
* Being able to use information in new ways
* Putting words into categories
* Coming up with solutions to problems
* Good listening skills
* Connecting with others
|Last hour||Last 24 hours||All|