Vintage GT Bicycles "Avalanche" MTB for Sale. Made in the early 90's with a lightweight 20-inch double-butted (Tange) Chromoly frame, a nice Deore gruppo, and 26-inch grippy tires mounted onto Ritchey rims. Everything on this bicycle is in original condition, including the classic GT "copper rivet" saddle. Used, but in good condition for a 25 year-old-bike. Below are some of the specifications...
* Frame: GTX Chromoly Double Butted
* Frame Size: 20" (51cm)
* Stand-over-height: 32" (81cm)
* Forks: GTX Chromoly
* Derailleurs: Shimano Deore LX
* Shift Leavers: Shimano Deore XT
* Crank: Shimano Deore SG
* Brakes: Shimano U-II Deore SLR
* Brake Leavers: Shimano Deore XT
* Tires: Panaracer Smoke
* Rims: Ritchey Vantage alloy
* Hubs: Shimano Deore DX
* Saddle: GT Viscount copper-riveted
* Seat Pillar: GT alloy w/ quick release
* Made in: U.S.A.
A bit about the manufacture: GT Bikes was founded in 1979 by Gary Turner, a welding engineer and Richard Long, a bike shop owner. GT mountain bikes are often readily identifiable by the "triple triangle" frame design present in most hard-tail designs. This innovative idea was claimed to reduce the amount of vibration transferred to the seat from the rear wheel. As well as the manufacturing of bicycles, GT Bikes also has several successful teams competing in BMX, mountain and road competitions.