A Central Vancouver Island privately owned company with over 40 years' experience in the industry.
* Duties include but are not limited to:
* Identify any potential hazard on site and implement the necessary pre-cautionary measures to prevent incidents. Ensure that the work area is kept safe and maintained with good housekeeping practices and that the job site is left neat and hazard free at the end of each day.
* Execute jobsite(s) work activities in an effective and efficient manner that conforms to the company's and/or the client's quality and safety standards.
* Perform any other duty or task as may be assigned from time to time by the superintendent or designated manager.
* Maintain a courteous and professional relationship with clients.
* Notify the Superintendent or Manager of all damaged equipment or material. Assist the service/equipment manager in scheduling equipment preventative maintenance or repair for equipment assigned to the project.
* Motivate, inspect, observe, and assign tasks to workers.
* Monitor productivity, promote training and cross training of all assigned workers, and promote team principles.
* Build a level of knowledge and understanding of safety knowledge, practices, scheduling techniques, trade knowledge and motivating employees.
* Minimum of 3 years work experience as a foreman, lead pipelayer, or operator, supporting civil construction activities
* Sound understanding of Safety Regulations, Construction Safety Practices
* Broad knowledge and skills in working with personnel and equipment on civil construction projects
* Technical understanding of survey information and the ability to read engineered drawings.
* Excellent communication skills including spoken, written, and interpersonal.
* Ability to lead a group of employees.
* Planning and motivational skills.
* Ability to evaluate and understand the capabilities of workers and assign work accordingly.
* Proven troubleshooting abilities.
* Work effectively in a fast paced environment under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
We offer higher than industry standard wages and we have an extended benefit package for all of our team to participate in.
|Last hour||Last 24 hours||All|